Network Engineer III (ENFA-ACE000261)
Network Engineer III (ENFA-ACE000261)
Under general direction, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative, and technical skills. Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E). Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution. Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required. May be required to serve as Task Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Task Leader position Evaluate communication hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN/MAN/CAN/WAN and other network-related problems, and provide technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks. Perform general LAN/MAN/CAN/WAN administration, and provide technical leadership in the integration and testing of complex large-scale computer integrated networks. Schedule conversions and cutovers. Oversee network control center. Supervise maintenance of network-based systems. Coordinate with all responsible users and sites. Prepare and present systems-level reports as required.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Provide oversight and coordination of network engineering and network system administration for all network hardware associated with the classified and unclassified ACE-IT networks.
- Maintain an up to date configuration of all commercial software and hardware relevant to the management of the classified and unclassified ACE-IT networks.
- Configure and maintain network management platforms and the ability to monitor data on the network to provide troubleshooting and event diagnosis.
- Develop engineering, deployment and integration plans for new network systems.
- Prepare and submit status reports, and technical briefs, as required, to senior management and customers.
- Provide technical expertise at management meetings, as well as planning and scheduling meetings as required.
- Participate in contract proposals, negotiations and modifications as required.
- Develop, revise and update procedures.
- Provide technical based supervisory oversight as well as management of assigned networking staff.
- Interface directly with customer on all networking efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
IT systems, to include Windows, UNIX, and networking concepts.
Environment: General office environment with site visits.
Must be able to lift, carry, install and remove networking systems and peripherals.
Must be able work in sub-floor areas and crawl spaces in performing maintenance inspections, installation and troubleshooting tasks.
Physical elements include lifting with a limit of 25 lbs, crawling, kneeling, push/pull with a limit of 25 lbs, customer contact, extended work day, office laboratory, and field assignment.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Masters Degree in computer science, MIS, or other related engineering or scientific fields required.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have at least one of the following: CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Voice, CCIE Service Provider.
10 years experience in a related field of assignment with 5 years in the specific field of assignment.
Fundamental knowledge of the OSI model with specialization in layers 2, 3, and 4.
Knowledge of IT systems, to include Windows, UNIX, and networking concepts.
Cisco network equipment (Routers, switches, firewalls) skills/certifications.
General routing and switching and firewall competencies
Load Balancing experience and knowledge
Network documentation and standards remediation
Work well with a team and as independent contributor
Network design and implementation skills
Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting
United States-LA-New Orlean
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Yes, 5 % of the Time